With it being a new year, I thought I’d take a look at how I am progressing on the baseball portion of my 40 by 40 (40 things I want to do by the age of 40).
I had 10 items on my list that were baseball related:
1. See a World Baseball Classic game
2. See a World Series game
3. See 10 new MLB stadiums
4. Play a baseball game in a foreign country
5. See a baseball game in 5 foreign countries
6. Go to the European Baseball Championships
7. Throw out the 1st pitch at a baseball game
8. Go to the College World Series
9. Coach a baseball team in a foreign country for a game
10. Go to MLB spring training
Sadly, I have done nothing on my list. I have not had the chance to do much traveling the past few years with my current job. However, that job is ending in two months and I will have the time to do some traveling and maybe just maybe scratch one or two off the list.
Unfortunately, I won’t be able to scratch off number 1 as the WBC will end before I am able to do any traveling. I will be seeing a new MLB stadium in April as I travel to Toronto for opening day on my way home from Korea. There is the possibility that I could mark off #’s 5 & 6 depending on what happens with a certain job opportunity.
Overall, its is not looking good, but I still have four year to go to complete these. The sad thing is I made this list 3 years ago and haven’t been able to do anything on it.
I really need to change that next year.
Do you have a list of things you’d like to see/do? Leave a link in the comments if you do. I’d love to see what others are wanting to do.